
Finally we were able to have Christmas with Mom's side of the family. We drove to Indy last Friday and stayed there for the weekend. Cousin Jake's birthday was on January 30th, so we celebrated it while we were down there. On Saturday, Uncle Aaron, Jake, Emma and Elizabeth all came to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner and to open presents. It was really nice to see everyone together. Grandma is doing wonderful, but Grandpa is still in a lot of pain. It was sad for Mommy when we got there and they were both coming through the house on walkers. Mommy keeps saying that we are very lucky that for as bad as they are, it could have been much worse.
Anyway, back to our celebration. We had dinner, all 9 of us around the kitchen table. It really was 6 adults, 3 kids and two very straight legs! It was crammed but I (and I don't think anyone else) wouldn't have changed it for anything. It was special just being together.
I got some new toys and some clothes. My favorite thing is a sled. Mom says that 9 degrees is too cold to go outside. I don't really understand what 9 degrees means, but...I guess I have to do what she says. She promises as soon as it warms up she and Dad will take me to the park in my shiny red sleigh. Do you like this picture of me in my party dress sitting in it?
Life is beginning to get back to normal and it's nice. Mom says we are headed back to Indy again next weekend while Dad is out of town. I will try to be a good girl during the drive. I said TRY!
No comments:
Post a Comment